Our current space, at 103 West Main, in Carrboro, is an old single family mill house that has:
- A crumbling foundation
- A leaking roof
- Inadequate heating and air-conditioning
- Limited accessible space
- Overcrowded areas for study and job preparation
- A kitchen that can’t fit our culinary work
- Large, ongoing maintenance issues
- Many, many more problems
Our programs simply cannot Fully function.
We are a community, but we have no place to meet as a whole community.
Why here? Why now?
For people discharged from the hospital, there is no place else to go where they are guaranteed:
- A right to a place to come
- A right to meaningful relationships
- A right to meaningful work
- A right to a place to return
What our new Clubhouse will house…
We plan to begin building our new, fully accessible, multi-cultural, state-of-the-art Clubhouse in 2018. Some of the features will include:
- A 9,500 square foot space over three floors
- A greenhouse and garden
- An environmentally friendly building that reflects the unique character of Club Nova and Carrboro
- A stargazer terrace
- An 80-person dining room
- Ample functional space for study and employment preparation
- A full commercial kitchen
What will it cost?
|Fixtures, Furnishings & Equipment||$700,000|
|Temporary Clubhouse and Transition||$500,000|
Projected Community Savings over 5 years
This is from reduced:
There are many ways to support making the dream of our new Clubhouse a reality: monetary gifts; hosting a fundraiser; hosting a small group event; in-kind donations and/or services.
If you would like additional information, please contact our Associate Director, Sadie Brooks, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 919-968-6682.