Thanks to our generous donors, our beautiful two-story building is almost complete! But because construction costs increased during the pandemic, we now need funding for a specialized kitchen, IT equipment plus furnishings.
Please donate so our members with serious mental illness will always have a space where they are truly welcomed and always belong.
What our new Clubhouse will house…
The construction started for our new, fully accessible, multi-cultural, state-of-the-art Clubhouse in 2021. Some of the features will include:
- A 9,125 square foot space over two floors
- A greenhouse and garden
- An environmentally friendly building that reflects the unique character of Club Nova and Carrboro
- A stargazer terrace
- A 70-person dining room
- Ample functional space for study and employment preparation
- A full commercial kitchen
GETTING CLOSER… (OCTOBER, 2022)
Remember where we were?
Our buildings, at 103 West Main, in Carrboro, were in terrible condition, and included two buildings with:
- Crumbling foundations
- Leaking roofs
- Dangerous staircases
- Inadequate heating and air-conditioning
- Limited accessible space
- Overcrowded areas for study and job preparation
- A kitchen that can’t fit our culinary work
- Large, ongoing maintenance issues
- Many, many more problems
OUR PROGRAMS SIMPLY COULD NOT FULLY FUNCTION
We are a community, but we have had no place to meet as a whole community.
Yet, the demand for our services is growing
For people discharged from the hospital, there is no place else to go where they are guaranteed:
- A right to a place to come
- A right to meaningful relationships
- A right to meaningful work
- A right to a place to return
Help us meet the needs of our amazing members today, and the new members in the future.
“Club Nova has been a life saver for me since joining in 2018. I was homeless and unemployed when I came to Club Nova. Being with Club Nova, I have found a safe and affordable home, work part-time, and been awarded the Sidney Baer scholarship to go back to college to pursue being a paralegal. Our new Career Center space, and updated IT equipment will enable myself and others the opportunity to pursue educational and vocational goals. We have needed this for so long and I cannot wait!”
– Jillian, Club Nova Member
Many have already generously given.
Please join them.
Make a pledge:
There are many ways to support us as we build our new Clubhouse: monetary gifts; hosting a fundraiser; hosting a small group event; in-kind donations and/or services.
If you would like additional information, please contact Chris Shore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-968-6682.
Meet the Campaign Cabinet
- Co-Chair: Eleanor Kinnaird
- Co-Chair: Rosemary Waldorf
- Gretchen Davis
- Karen Kincaid Dunn
- Sue Estroff
- Esphur Foster
- Gary Gaddy
- Jay Miller