1 in 25
is living with a serious mental illness 1
The cost of 4 days in the hospital = 1 year of services for a Club Nova member 2
CLUB NOVA MEMBERS
40% of those hospitalized with a mental illness in the US are re-hospitalized within a year.3 Club Nova’s rate is 12%.
80% of those living with mental illness in the US are unemployed.4 50% of new members are working within one year of membership.
25% of the nation’s homeless population live with mental illness.5 0% of Club Nova members are without housing.
64% of those in local jails throughout the US live with mental illness.6 0% of Club Nova members have been incarcerated in the last 5 years.
We can’t measure our impact entirely with numbers. We provide hope, belonging, dignity and purpose. Hear what our members have to say about the important impact Club Nova has had on their lives.
- Serious Mental Illness (SMI) Among U.S. Adult.s (n.d.) Retrieved April 11. 2017. Learn More…
- How Much Does It Cost To Spend A Day In The Hospital? Realtors Insurance Marketplace. (2014) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…(This statistic assumes 1 day in hospital = $1,786. Avg. of Government, Nonprofit and For-profit hospitals in NC)
- Smith, M., et al. Hospital Readmission Rates and Emergency Department Visits for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Conditions. (2015) Community Mental Health, 51, 190-197. Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…
- Mental Illness: NAMI Report Deplores 80 Percent Unemployment Rate; State Rates and Ranks Listed—Model Legislation Proposed. (2014) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…
- Mental Illness and Homelessness. National Coalition for the Homeless (2009) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Download PDF
- Collier, L. Incarceration Nation (Oct. 2014) American Psychological Association Vol. 14 No. 9 pp. 56. Retrieved November 1, 2017. Learn More…