1 in 25
is living with a serious mental illness 1
The cost of 4 days in the hospital = 1 year of services for a Club Nova member 2
CLUB NOVA MEMBERS
40% of those hospitalized with a mental illness in the US are re-hospitalized within a year.3 Club Nova’s rate is 12%.
80% of those living with mental illness in the US are unemployed.4 50% of new members are working within one year of membership.
25% of the nation’s homeless population live with mental illness.5 0% of Club Nova members are without housing.
64% of those in local jails throughout the US live with mental illness.6 0% of Club Nova members have been incarcerated in the last 5 years.
- Serious Mental Illness (SMI) Among U.S. Adult.s (n.d.) Retrieved April 11. 2017. Learn More…
- How Much Does It Cost To Spend A Day In The Hospital? Realtors Insurance Marketplace. (2014) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…(This statistic assumes 1 day in hospital = $1,786. Avg. of Government, Nonprofit and For-profit hospitals in NC)
- Smith, M., et al. Hospital Readmission Rates and Emergency Department Visits for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Conditions. (2015) Community Mental Health, 51, 190-197. Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…
- Mental Illness: NAMI Report Deplores 80 Percent Unemployment Rate; State Rates and Ranks Listed—Model Legislation Proposed. (2014) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Learn More…
- Mental Illness and Homelessness. National Coalition for the Homeless (2009) Retrieved April 11, 2017. Download PDF
- Collier, L. Incarceration Nation (Oct. 2014) American Psychological Association Vol. 14 No. 9 pp. 56. Retrieved November 1, 2017. Learn More…