Provides day-to-day supervision and training for all accounting functions, as well as performs
daily accounting activities such as: maintaining the general ledger, preparing financial
statements, and providing support to the Executive Director, Treasurer, and Board of Directors
of the Organization. This position is expected to function with a minimum amount of oversight
while performing complex accounting work that requires the application of accounting principles
and standards to the financial activities of the Organization. This is an exempt position.
• Supervises from one to three hourly accounting staff.
• Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, accurate and timely
financial statements, and financial planning and analytics.
• Reviews General Ledger entries and Reconciliations with the Treasurer on a monthly
• Oversees accounts payable, pledges receivable, payroll and billing processes.
• Maintains all accounting records
• Completes applications for insurance policies, works with agent, and maintains such all
• Posts all incoming pledge payments to corresponding pledges and assigns classes,
including all PayPal and other credit card donations.
• Responsible for all Payroll related work and entries.
• Responsible for reconciling all bank and credit card accounts.
• Ensures accuracy and compliance with not-for-profit accounting policies and procedures.
Researches and resolves related problems.
• Manages the fixed assets of the Organization
• Prepares requested schedules, financial statements, documents and files for Finance
Committee meetings, Board meetings, and the annual CPA audit.
• Drafts and administers the annual budget and provides assistance to the Finance
Committee and Executive Director for preparing grant applications, charitable license
renewals, 401(k) payments and reporting, NC Sales tax reports, Workers Compensation
annual Audits and other state and federal reports.
• Attend and possibly present at evening bi-monthly, third Tuesday board meetings.
• Provide assistance to Club Nova (CN) Members and participate in CN Community
meetings as appropriate.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is preferred or 5 years of Non-profit supervisory
• Nonprofit fund accounting experience is strongly preferred and knowledge of GAAP is
• Experience with annual audits is required.
• With a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, the successful candidate must have a minimum
of two years of supervisory experience and a minimum total of 5 years accounting
• Proficient with a minimum of five years experience using QuickBooks Desktop
accounting software – (preferably Premier).
• Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Windows, Word, Outlook and especially
• Must have excellent organization, analytical, problem-solving, communication, and
interpersonal skills as well as demonstrate flexible and effective time management and
the ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
Salary: $52,884 – $61,607/year
Club Nova is an equal opportunity employer
For further information or for an application, please contact Bill Wismer at firstname.lastname@example.org