**COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT INTERN**
About Club Nova:
Club Nova is an intentional community for adults living with serious and persistent mental illness in Orange County, NC. We follow the internationally known and accredited “Clubhouse Model” (see: www.iccd.org). We provide our members opportunities for work, meaningful relationships, education, quality health care, food security and much more.
We are seeking a dynamic self-starter to help a mission focused non-profit expand its web presence, clarify its web and social media tools, and assist in development efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to utilize and build your skills in communications & non-profit administration and to have a formative impact on an organization’s communications methods.
- Develop creative and compelling web & social media content for Club Nova’s growing social media presence (including Facebook, Twitter & website blog) that reflects the programming & activities of the Clubhouse
- Collaborate with staff & members on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications
- Assist with communications projects, including research for media pitches, press releases, logistics for media opportunities and tracking of media coverage
- Help develop quarterly donor newsletter
- Assist Development Staff in development related efforts, including but not limited to: grant research & writing, processing donations, preparing acknowledgement letters, planning small stewardship events & larger community events, preparing for committee meetings
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in social media
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or other relevant major) but open to all majors
- High-level of proficiency in Word Press, social media sites & Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Interest in nonprofit communications & management
Flexible. Approximately 15 hours per week. Schedule negotiable.
Internship position is not compensated. Intern may be eligible for college credits.
Please send resume and any links to social media content you have managed to Kimberly Anderson at email@example.com.